In the morning, you participate in the General English 16 Course (Monday to Thursday). Alternatively, you can participate in the General English 20 Course (Monday to Friday).
In the afternoon, you take part in 4 different cultural outings including local places and meeting native Capetonians. You are either accompanied by a guide or a teacher.
The programme might change depending on the season and weather conditions.
- Monday: explore the city centre and learn about the history of Cape Town by visiting buildings that played a major part in the history of the city.
- Tuesday: explore a township and meet some of the residents.
- Wednesday: learn how to prepare a Cape Malay dish at a cooking school.
- Thursday: visit a food garden in the townships and meet Manelisi Mapukata, the mastermind behind this project.
- Monday: learn about the apartheid era while visiting Robben Island.
- Tuesday: assist a soup kitchen.
- Wednesday: view some of the best street art in Woodstock and meet one of the artists.
- Thursday: take a surf lesson with a professional instructor at Muizenberg beach, one of the best sposts to learn this fun sport.
This specially combined programme is available to students wholse English level is Pre-intermediate (A2+/B1) or above.
To find out which level is the most suitable for you, complete the online Placement Test.