Why Fashion Design?
This qualification is an introduction to basic garment design and construction.
It includes the history of costumes, textile exploration and business basics like fashion planning and professional practice management for fashion designers. It familiarises participants with the areas of pattern making, sewing techniques, clothing design, styling, event management and teaches you how to start your own business in the design industry.
This course focuses on establishing the fundamental skills required to understand the complex and creative world of fashion.
Course subjects include:
- Introduction to Clothing Design
- Basic Fashion Drawing
- Pattern Development & Making
- Basic Sewing Techniques
- Introduction to the History of Costume
- Introduction to Textiles
- Garment Construction
- Experiential Training
- Introduction to Fashion Planning & Buying
- Thematic Styling and Event Management
- CAD for Fashion Designers
- Management & Business Development (Starting Your Own Business)
- Professional Practice Management for Fashion Design