- We require a CELTA qualification or equivalent.
- You need to be a South African citizen, or to already have the legal right to work here.
The following will all be advantages:
- Significant experience in teaching English as a foreign language to adults, especially where this experience is with institutions that have strong professional development programmes and high quality standards.
- A or B grades on CELTA.
- Delta Modules passed.
- An Honours or Master's degree in a relevant field such as a foreign language; a Master's degree in another field.
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional growth (e.g. whether you attended or led workshops or were observed regularly).
What we offer:
- A friendly, professional and organised work environment.
- The opportunity to work at a language school that meets stringent EAQUALS quality standards, and that is committed to teaching excellence and good client care.
- A strong professional development programme, including, at times, Delta preparation courses.
- The opportunity to join a team of motivated professionals, who are committed to their professional growth, and a significant proportion of whom are fully Delta qualified.
In your CV or covering letter please mention:
- Your qualifications and the grades you achieved.
- Details of your previous experience in teaching English as a foreign language. Please give a rough indication of how much experience you have with each of the following:
- Different Levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Different types of classes (General English, English for Work, Exam Preparation, Academic English, etc.)
- Any relevant short courses you've done, such as courses in teaching English for Work, in teaching Young Learners, or in Language Awareness.
- Which languages you speak and to what level.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.